• “Personal Data” Explained
• Our Data Protection and Data Privacy Principles
• Types of Personal Data We Collect
• How We Collect and Use Personal Data
• Disclaimer of HIPAA Applicability
• Retention of Personal Data
• Sharing of Personal Data
• Other Websites
• Children Under the Age of 13
• Online Tracking
• Mergers, Acquisitions, and Other Business Transactions
• Contact Us
“Personal Data” Explained
As used in this policy, “Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Our Data Protection and Data Privacy Principles
We have implemented security features that are designed to prevent loss, misuse, alteration, or unauthorized release of, or access to, Personal Data provided to us. We have designed our websites to limit the collection and processing of Personal Data.
The confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from us via our website or e-mail cannot be guaranteed. NAC is not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Internet. If you do not want to communicate with us via the Internet, you may contact us by mail at the mailing address set forth below in the “Contact” section or call us at 281.358.4007.
Types of Personal Data We Collect
The Personal Data we collect about you depends upon how you choose to use our websites. Depending upon your use, we may collect and process, among other things, your name, email, phone number, address, gender, information regarding the issue about which you are contacting us, the treatment dates in question, your IP address, medical bills and/or explanation of benefits information, and other information you may choose to provide to us. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
How We Collect and Use Personal Data
We may collect certain Personal Data about you when you visit our websites. We collect additional Personal Data when you send an email requesting that we get back to you and/or request a prescreen and provide us with Personal Data in connection with that request.
We use your Personal Data to monitor website usage, protect our websites, process your request for a prescreen and/or respond to your online inquiries. More specific details about those types of Personal Data and how we process them are provided below:
- Usage data. Usage data includes: home server domain name, date and time of visit to our websites, type of computer, the originating IP address, files downloaded, type of search engine used, operating system used, and the web browser of site visitors. We may collect this information when you visit our sites. We use this data to improve our websites and conduct analytics.
- Account Information. You are requested to provide your email, name, address, and phone number when you make an online inquiry and are also requested to provide medical bills, explanation of benefits, and/or treatment dates when requesting a prescreen through the website. We use the information to respond to your online inquiries, to provide the prescreen, and/or contact you with information about your account.
- Other Information You Choose to Provide. You may provide us with different types of information depending upon your use of our websites. From time to time, we may collect information when you choose to contact us through our websites or take other voluntary actions, such as responding to a survey, providing information relating to your prescreen and/or making online inquiries relating to our services We process this information to consider and respond to your inquiries and comments, analyze our survey responses, operate our website, and otherwise fulfill requests you have made.
- Profile data. Profile data includes your phone number, email address, phone number and address. To request a prescreen or make an online inquiry, you will need to provide us with your name, email, mailing address mailing address and phone number. Providing the requested medical bills, explanation of benefits and/or treatment dates is optional. You only provide them to us if you want to do so. The information is used to populate your online profile.
Disclaimer of HIPAA Applicability
NAC is not a “covered entity” as defined in the federal medical record privacy statute known as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, as amended, and the regulations issued under that law (“HIPAA”). Additionally, with respect to the Personal Data we will obtain about you, we are not a “business associate” under HIPAA. Therefore, even though your Personal Data contains medical information that is the type of information commonly protected under HIPAA, it is not subject to any of the protections available to you under HIPAA. HIPAA is inapplicable to our relationship with you.
Retention of Personal Data
The Personal Data we obtain about you will be retained up to seven years after your audit with with NAC has concluded. We retain your Personal Data for this period of time to allow you to contact us with a request for an additional prescreen and/or audit if you wish to do so.
Sharing of Personal Data
We will share your Personal Data only with other NAC entities, business partners, or third party service providers: (1) acting on our behalf to provide you with our products, services, or otherwise fulfill your requests; (2) acting on our behalf to send you marketing and event materials, newsletters, surveys, polls, or other communications; and (3) supporting our operations through software, system, and platform assistance, cloud hosting, and data analytics.
We may share aggregate date on website visitors’ home servers with third parties, such as marketing firms.
We will not sell, rent, or lease any Personal Data without your permission, except as related to a merger, acquisition, or other business transaction as addressed below.
A “cookie” is a small text file that is stored on computers, tablets, mobile phones, and any device used to browse the Internet, capable of storing navigation information for statistical or functional purposes. Some cookies may be used to recognize the user viewing a particular website, make navigation easier, and customize the content. For example, cookies allow us to remember your actions and preferences so that you do not have to re-enter information each time you visit our site or navigate to another page. Cookies also allow us to keep track of items you add to your shopping cart.
There are several types of cookies, including, for example, browser cookies, session cookies, and persistent cookies.
While browsing on our websites, NAC may collect information about traffic flow and visits to the pages of our domain “patientassistedservices.com” This information, obtained through cookies, will be treated in a secure manner.
We use different types of “cookies” on our website. We use session cookies and cookies that remember your language and time zone preferences. For further information about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser to accept or reject the setting of all or certain cookies, or to request to be notified when a cookie is set. Each browser has specific configuration instructions. However, please be aware that the blocking of cookies may have the effect that you will not be able to use all of our website functions.
Social Plugins, Social Media Widgets, and Connecting via Social Networks
Our websites include different types of “social plugins” and social media widgets.
If you do not want to be tracked by social media widgets, log out of all social networks you’re logged in to before visiting our website.
If you choose to log in to our website using a social networking service, we may receive and store authentication information from that service to allow you to enable your log in and other information you may choose to share when you connect with those services.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our websites are not intended for children. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Data on our websites. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our websites. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at Don.Girolamo@NorthAmericanConsultants.com.
NAC does not respond to “do not track” (DNT) signals.
Mergers, Acquisitions, and Other Business Transactions
NAC may decide to sell, buy, merge, or otherwise reorganize its business. If that occurs, you will be notified via email or a prominent notice on our website of any ownership change and any changes in the use of your Personal Data. These types of transactions may involve the disclosure of Personal Data to prospective or actual purchasers, or receiving it from sellers. We seek appropriate protection for Personal Data in these types of transactions.
Should you have any further questions or suggestions regarding the protection of your Personal Data processed in connection with the use of our websites, please contact us at Don.Girolamo@NorthAmericanConsultants.com.